Agitated Thin Film Dryer
Drying of heat sensitive products with fouling reduction and self-cleaning heating surfaces
Principle of Operation: Continuous processing of concentrated materials to dry solids by using intense agitation for effective heat transfer. The heating surface is renewed by continuous scrapping of dry solids for efficient heat transfer.
A promising alternative to conductive drying technologies, Agitated Thin Film Dryer (ATFD) obtains the energy for evaporation by indirectly contacting the product with hot air/steam and making a thin film. The material to be dried is placed in a vertical chamber with a high speed rotor. The rotor maintains the film by adhering it to the surface of the walls to have an efficient heat transfer rate. The liquid material slowly changes its form due to high heat transfer rates, eventually forming a dry powder. Agitated Thin Film Dryer (ATFD) can be operated under high vacuum due to its unique technology. They are one of the most promising continuous dryers which are perfectly adaptable for multitude of materials.
Our dryers are widely used throughout the process industries to convert liquids, slurries, and pastes to free- ﬂowing solids in continuous, single pass operation. Constant renewal of layer/ﬁlm near the wall which helps in reducing the fouling. Our Dryers have self-cleaning heating surfaces such that the moving parts undergo minimum maintenance in the long run.
- High heat transfer rate with shorter drying time.
- Wide range of operating pressures, from vacuum to atmospheric.
- Presence of self-cleaning heating surfaces with minimum maintenance.
- Constant renewal of layer/film near the wall to reduce fouling.
- Full recovery of the solvents with inert process conditions.
Continuous processing of concentrated materials to dry solids by using intense agitation for effective heat transfer. The heating surface is renewed by continuous scrapping of dry solids for efficient heat transfer.
Concentration of different products
- Utilized in Zero Liquid Discharge systems for drying concentrated effluents
- Eliminating thermal degradation by minimizing impurities and enhancing the removal of highly volatile components from viscous products
- Development of continuous dry powder
Agriculture and Food Industries
- Concentrating Vegetable Extract and Animal Products
- Concentration of sugars
- Purification and concentration of Bio-Acids, Bio-alcohols, Plant extracts , amino acids etc.
- Concentration of waste water and spent liquors
- Recovery of solvent from waste
- Dyes and pigment concentration
- Recovery of Xanthates, boron carbide, boron nitride from industrial wastes