Scraped surface crystallizer
Continuous crystallizer with cooling and evaporative crystallization with increased heat transfer in a small place.
Scraped Surface Crystallizer
Principle of Operation: Continuous crystallizers operate on the basis of plug flow model which has negligible or no longitudinal mixing but there is complete radial mixing. The residence time and velocity of all the particles within the crystallizer is identical.
These are steady state continuous crystallizers which can operate at desired operating conditions. They produce consistent products and are comparably more energy efficient than the batch types. Scraped Surface Crystallizer (SSC) are available in cooling or evaporative modes depending upon the desired application.
We offer Scraped Surface Crystallizer (SSC) which is used in process industries for separation, puriﬁcation and recovery of solids. The continuous crystallizer used in cooling or evaporative crystallization mode through multiple jacket arrangement.
Our Equipment works on simple concept of crystallizer “heat or cool continuously moving product by providing a large heat transfer surface for a small amount of product in a conﬁned space”. The rotating features offer a uniform crystal distribution inside the crystallizer. The ﬂow pattern in once through operation closely approaches to plug ﬂow.
With unique design of rotor and multiple jacket arrangement our Scraped Surface Crystallizer (SSC) provides uniform size of crystals by controlling Temperature and Residence time in continuous operation.
- Controlled temperature and residence time during continuous operation.
- Can be operated depending on the requirement of cooling or evaporative mode
- Produces desired crystals in a stable manner.
- Higher crystal quality with plug flow conditions and lower rate of crystal attrition
- Puriﬁcation and Separation of API solids from Reaction Mass
- Puriﬁcation and separation of Chemicals, Speciality chemicals from Reaction Mass
- Separation of Chiral Isomers
- Used when fermentation products have low solubility in solvent
- Crystal formation of Inorganic salts like KNO3, NaCl, Na2SO4, NH3, NaNO3 etc