Falling Film Evaporator
Generation of thinner and faster moving liquid film helping in shorter contact time and high heat transfer rate.
Falling Film Evaporators (FFE) are one of the most popular evaporators used due to simplicity of operation, low temperature difference and high heat transfer coefficients. In FFE, the liquid enters the top of the Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger and vapours are generated in the heating tubes. The liquid and vapours both flow co-currently in downward direction. The vapour and the liquid are then carried over to the separator which is situated at the lower end of the heat exchanger. FABEX designed FFE constitutes of a liquid distributor that helps in distributing the evaporator liquid in the form of a thin film. The film formed is thinner and faster moving which gives rise to shorter product contact time and high heat transfer rate.
Principle of Operation: Evaporation of the volatiles in heating tubes by generating a thin film which flows through the tubes by the action of gravity by continuously generating vapours.
This is a distinct type of heat exchanger that is specifically used for evaporating heat sensitive materials. The material to be evaporated is introduced on the tube side and steam to the shell side. The liquid enters from the top of the tube and the vapours are generated. Evaporated liquid falls down the tube under the action of gravity, which is collected in a separator. These are often characterized by low pressure drops and can be used under high vacuum. Applications include concentration of milk, fruit juices, Pharmaceutical drugs and many more.
In falling ﬁlm evaporators (FFE), liquid and vapors ﬂow downward in co-current ﬂow. A thin ﬁlm enters the heating tubes via Liquid distributor in the head of the evaporator at boiling temperature, and is partially evaporated. This gravity-induced downward movement is increasingly augmented by the co-current vapor ﬂow.
Our Falling Film Evaporator (FFE) offers thinner & faster moving ﬁlm that gives rise to shorter product contact time with maximum heat transfer.
- Highly suitable for heat sensitive products
- Minimizes thermal degradation due to short product contact time
- Fouling is minimized due to low tube wall temperature and heat flux
- The thinner film formation inside the tubes helps in minimizing flooding
- Higher tube side heat transfer coefficient.
- Vacuum Evaporation helps in gentle heating and efficient product removal of best quality.
Evaporation of the volatiles in heating tubes by generating a thin film which flows through the tubes by the action of gravity by continuously generating vapours.
- Heat Sensitive products that require careful drying, vaporization like alkaline concentration and flakes production, brine concentration,
- Removal of moisture content from biodiesel
- Detergent and surfactant
- Crop Protection and Bio stimulants
- Recovery of solvents in process industry
- Food and paper industry
- Puriﬁcation of Bio-diesel
- Evaporation of Solvents
- Concentration of Pharma Products